The Relevance of God's Word


Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Claim the Blood of Jesus Christ, His Death and Resurrection for victory in life Revelation 1


Revelation 1:4-8:
Grace to you and peace from him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne, 5and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth.

To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood 6and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. 7Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.

8“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”
Revelation 1:17-18 But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, 18and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.

The victory of Jesus  Christ in His Shed Blood, Death and Resurrection is mine for the taking!
The name it and claim doctrine teaches that if you name your blessings and claim it by faith you can believe your blessings into existence. Hence, prosperity doctrine also arises from this philosophy, the more you give, the more it will make you rich and prosper in this life; the whole teaching is false and shifts a person's faith away from Faith in Jesus, to a faith within in one's own ability and resource, within themselves; to initiate their own resource of blessings, by expressing faith in self and not Faith in Jesus Christ. It also focus' faith in humanistic man centered theology to pursue your own will and material blessings and prosperity apart from the Will of God in Christ Jesus.

The reality, however, for the believer in their life of sanctification, is that the Christian life is a journey that will take the believer on the path that will lead us through the valley of the shadow of death, darkness, afflictions, sickness, sorrow and suffering. Our light and momentary afflictions are temporary; but in the temporary journey on the valley of the shadow of death and darkness, it is a real moment of afflictions and suffering, nonetheless.

The LORD in His sovereignty has appointed for the believer, in His providence, to suffer for the name of Jesus Christ, in this life. The believer will have their trials, afflictions and sufferings and when we are on that journey through the valley of the shadow of death and darkness, it is appointed that we may flee to God for our deliverance to see His Mighty Hand to grant us victory through the valley of the shadow of death and darkness; the trials come, that we may draw near to God, James 4:6-10, the trials come that we may seek hard after God and find His presence with me, that He is with me on the valley of the shadow of death and His comforting presence is with me on the valley of the shadow of death; His rod and staff will comfort me Psalm 23:4, for the joyful outcome of conquering, while journeying through this valley of the shadow of death to overcome and endure through these momentary light and temporary afflictions.

The only faith that I will put my trust in, is not in myself, but in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ; I will call upon His name and will claim His blood for the forgiveness of my sins, and claim His vicarious death and Resurrection for victory and conquering in my life through my personal afflictions. Jesus conquered sin and death on my behalf, His victory was not for His benefit alone, His resurrected Life and conquering power over sin death, the devil and the grave had my personal life in mind; and I will claim the benefits of His shed blood for forgiveness of my sins; His death and Resurrection, for my personal victory over the bondage of the sin cursed self, that I may claim His victory and Resurrected life  for the benefit of Jesus Ruling my heart that His resurrected, victorious, conquering life maybe claimed for a dynamic victorious life in my life; and in Jesus Christ, I name His name and claim His victory for my personal life in the new nature and new self He gave to me through the Holy Spirit in His glorious grace revealing His glory in my life that I may glorify Him through all my trials, afflictions and sufferings.

The bottom line is this: the reality and basis for all fear in life is based on the underlining threat of the constant fear of death in life that we are plagued with; and the sin cursed self is out to put me to destruction and death. Now, since Jesus conquered the greatest fear in life of sin, death and the devil through His shed blood, death and Resurrection, what more is there to fear in life? But nothing! Since the greatest fear of death was vanquished by way of the cross through the shed blood of Christ in His death and Resurrection!

Believers, in the glorious Jesus Christ, are called to live a conquering, victorious life in their sanctification; by faith, in Jesus Christ, claiming their victory in and through Jesus' Shed Blood, Death and Resurrection; His victory is mine for the claiming and claim I will!

Never to live a defeated Christian life--such a view point is a contradiction in terms; if you are a believer in Jesus Christ, then your are to live a conquering, victorious, overcoming, Christian life and witness, in this life, as you journey through the valley of the shadow of death and darkness. For in Christ Jesus, alone, do I have victory for this is God's will for every believer in Christ Jesus, to claim His victory in their personal life of sanctification.

Therefore, I will  name and claim the Blood of Jesus for forgiveness of sins; His Death and Resurrection for a conquering life over sin, the shadow of death and darkness; And His Resurrected life for patient endurance through afflictions, sufferings and various trials that I encounter and will cross my path on my pilgrim journey in my life of sanctification. I say life of sanctification, because I am not presently fully Redeemed; my body is waiting its redemption in the blood of Jesus, awaiting the day, when I will be fully done away with sin, perfected and glorified in the righteousnes of Jesus and made into the image and likeness of Jesus Christ, the full redemption of my life in body and soul!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! My dad works for a non-profit organization and would like to know if he can use parts of the photo above of the lamb, lion and the cross for coins that he is making to be given to people through the organization he is working for. He has to have permission before using this photo so I wasn’t sure if the photo was yours to be able to give that authorization or not and if not if you knew who I could contact about getting authorization from to use that photo? Thank you for your time!

    ReplyDelete