The Relevance of God's Word


Saturday, October 16, 2010

Repentance a Great and Healthy Exchange! I John 1:9


I John 1:8-9
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness

The conviction of the Holy Spirit, is like a Demolition ball that breaks through and shatters the demolished condemned walls of an old building. To cause to crumble the wall of sin that would be an affront to His Holy presence in me.

In Repentance, I find a great exchange; the awareness of my sin and helplessness to change, in light of God's Holiness and perfection.

In confession, I find the liberation to give my unworthiness to God only to see His Great work of Sanctification in me to rip out and purge that which would seek to hold me in darkness to keep me from His Holy presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment