The Relevance of God's Word


Thursday, October 14, 2010

In Christ My Spirit cannot be crushed, when Facing my giants! ISamuel 17:45-47




I Samuel 17:45-47: David said to the Philistine, "You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 46 This day the LORD will hand you over to me, and I'll strike you down and cut off your head. Today I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds of the air and the beasts of the earth, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel. 47 All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the LORD saves; for the battle is the LORD's, and he will give all of you into our hands."

In and of myself, I am small and insignificant, and many giants surround me, and threaten to crush and destroy me; I may pale very small in comparison to my biggest giants--However, in my soul and resurrected life in Christ, my life soars like a majestic Mountain making my giants like a moth that burns in the fire and is no more.

That is why David was as bold as a lion when facing Goliath. He had great boldness, faith and righteous indignation against the enemies of God--he saw his insignificance in himself, but reliance upon and faith in God made him soar like an eagle against Goliath;his soul and spirit became a greater giant to Goliath. Goliath may have had great Physical stature,size and strength; but his soul was small, indeed, even dead to God and paled in comparison to David's Soul and Faith in God.

In Christ, my giants become as small as an ant and insignificant to threaten and destroy, and I can't be crushed!

No comments:

Post a Comment