The Relevance of God's Word


Thursday, February 23, 2012

To Be ever Connected to Jesus




To be ever so connected with Christ in the power of his suffering that I may know the power of His Resurrection Philippians 3:8-11

Philippians 3:8-11  "What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. 10 I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.


To be ever so connected with the sufferings of Jesus Christ my Lord, is to know Him in the power of his suffering that I May know Him in the the power of His Glory and Resurrection!

Not that I would suffer for my own sins, I am helpless to such a task, unable to deliver myself from my own sinfulness; Indeed, this is Why Christ sufferred on my behalf, to deliver me from my sin and bear the penalty of the eternal consequence of my sin. Such great sufferring, had such great power to endure such great eternal consequence to the point of absorbing fully the penalty of my sin in His body; The power of His broken body and shed blood to cleanse me. How much more so to be connected with the Power of His Resurrection to conquer death!




No comments:

Post a Comment