The Relevance of God's Word


Wednesday, February 15, 2012

There is only One True and Living God His lovingkindess Endure forever! Psalm 50


Psalm 50


A psalm of Asaph.
1 The Mighty One, God, the LORD,
speaks and summons the earth
from the rising of the sun to the place where it sets.
2 From Zion, perfect in beauty,
God shines forth.
3 Our God comes and will not be silent;
a fire devours before him,
and around him a tempest rages.
4 He summons the heavens above,
and the earth, that he may judge his people:
5 “Gather to me my consecrated ones,
who made a covenant with me by sacrifice.”
6 And the heavens proclaim his righteousness,
for God himself is judge.
Selah
7 “Hear, O my people, and I will speak,
O Israel, and I will testify against you:
I am God, your God.
8 I do not rebuke you for your sacrifices
or your burnt offerings, which are ever before me.
9 I have no need of a bull from your stall
or of goats from your pens,
10 for every animal of the forest is mine,
and the cattle on a thousand hills.
11 I know every bird in the mountains,
and the creatures of the field are mine.
12 If I were hungry I would not tell you,
for the world is mine, and all that is in it.
13 Do I eat the flesh of bulls
or drink the blood of goats?
14 Sacrifice thank offerings to God,
fulfill your vows to the Most High,
15 and call upon me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver you, and you will honor me.”
16 But to the wicked, God says:
“What right have you to recite my laws
or take my covenant on your lips?
17 You hate my instruction
and cast my words behind you.
18 When you see a thief, you join with him;
you throw in your lot with adulterers.
19 You use your mouth for evil
and harness your tongue to deceit.
20 You speak continually against your brother
and slander your own mother’s son.
21 These things you have done and I kept silent;
you thought I was altogether[a] like you.
But I will rebuke you
and accuse you to your face.
22 “Consider this, you who forget God,
or I will tear you to pieces, with none to rescue:
23 He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me,
and he prepares the way
so that I may show him[b] the salvation of God.”

When I think of man's attempt to worship their own god made in their own image, through out History and the ages of the world;  there have been many gods that they created in their own image;  making up laws of appeasements that they can never please their gods in their own image no matter how hard they try. Or, they make up their own laws and lists of good deeds and abstaining acts to seek their gods divine favor and approval. Yet their own gods that they have created is altogether unrighteous, unjust, unholy and altogether imperfect. Look at some ancient Greek gods, the emphasis on one sided truncated acts of vengeance. Yet the followers of false gods would continue in their rituals and merits to please such gods. In some acts of appeasement, they would even make laws to offer their own sons and daughters in sacrifices--That God never commanded or even burdened His people to do.

When I think of the God of the Bible, "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:4-5
I think of The person of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit who  is perfect, Holy, altogether righteous, Just, and full of lovingkindness and compassion.
In Psalm 50 God decelares that there is no sacrifice that will ever appease Him, except the Sacrifice of His only begotten Son, "9 I have no need of a bull from your stall or of goats from your pens, 10 for every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills. 11 I know every bird in the mountains, and the creatures of the field are mine. 12 If I were hungry I would not tell you, for the world is mine, and all that is in it. 13 Do I eat the flesh of bulls or drink the blood of goats? 14 Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High, 15 and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me.”
The Aseity of God Reveals He has no need of Sacrifices to please Him and accept the natural mans sacrifices before God to accept their sacrifice to please Him and for God to accept them on any of their merits, no sacrifice before God will ever be acceptable or will ever get rid of their ownsinfulness and sin nature.
He knew that there is nothing that man can do, invent, obey and follow that will merit His favor toward them. Man's nature is corrupt, unholy and unrighteous, there is no act of kindness, nothing they can do in and of themselves, to rid their sin cursed nature of their unholiness; even if it is masked with rituals, laws, abstinence, merits, efforts and acts of  procedures and attempts to please and obey the laws. If you broke one part of the law you broke it all.

The only acceptable Sacrifice before God was the acceptable Sacrifice of His only begotten Son, Christ's broken body and shef blood was indeed the acceptable sacrifice to redeem my life from the pit. God's Love is perfect, He did something about my sin cursed condition, He rent the heavens and came down in His only begotten Son. Indeed, Jesus offering His Body and shedding His blood on the Cross, was the acceptable Sacrifice in God's eyes and appeased God the Fathers righteous wrath and justice against the penalty of my sin and unrighteousness. So I can gain access into His holy presence, based on the merits, righteousness, purity and Holiness of Jesus Christ's redemptive work in His body and shed blood on my behalf.
John 2:2 (New American Standard Bible)

"and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world."

Hebrews teaches that the blood of bulls and goates can only clean one cerimonial outwardly, how much more shall the blood of Christ cleanse our conscience to serve the Living God: Hebrews 9:12-15


12 He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, having obtained eternal redemption. 13 The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean. 14 How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death,[a] so that we may serve the living God!
15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.
 Hebrews 10:4-13 (New International Version 1984)

4 because it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.
5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said: “Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me; 6 with burnt offerings and sin offerings you were not pleased. 7 Then I said, ‘Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll—
I have come to do your will, O God.’”[a]
8 First he said, “Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not desire, nor were you pleased with them” (although the law required them to be made). 9 Then he said, “Here I am, I have come to do your will.” He sets aside the first to establish the second. 10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
11 Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God. 13 Since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool,

No other religion, ancient gods, present religions of man can ever compare to the Great glory of my God and Savior. He is indeed altogether perfect, Holy, Just and full of compassion and abounding in great lovingkindess and great patience. How blessed I am to know that my acceptance in God's presence is based solely on the redemptive blood of my precious God and Savior the Lord Jesus Christ.

God's perfection is so precious to me, His lovingkindess is so perfect it had to be this way that I may attain the full measure and status and perfection of Christ in me the hope of Glory. The perfection of God's wonderful redemptive plan of Salvation hidden in ages past, now the mystery revealed and received by Faith in Christ. The perfection of Christ in me brings out my full potential in Christ and restored image of the new self being made in the image and likeness of Christ everyday! His perfection brings my life perfections only found in Him. Colossians 1:25 'I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness— 26 the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the saints. 27 To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory."



No comments:

Post a Comment