The Relevance of God's Word


Monday, February 21, 2011

True Spirituality found in God’s Mercy, how can anyone Boast!














True Spirituality found in God’s Mercy, how can anyone Boast!

“He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit” Titus 3:5

It is not the achievements of man, not the dedication, not the devotion, not the persecution, not the suffering that makes one righteous, but my righteousness is found in Christ’s righteousness alone, according to God’s mercy and Grace that brings me to the throne of Grace and the nearness of my God.

My sense of closeness to God is not based on any efforts in me, nor is it based on comparison with another, so as to judge them as beneath me; for I am the lowest of all lows and most wretched, who can save me from this heart of unrighteousness? Thanks, be to God! through the Lord Jesus Christ;` my standing before the throne of Grace is sure and I delight in the Closeness of my heavenly Father. Therefore, there is no boasting in my natural self, and to that matter, in comparison to others, but my boast is found in Christ’s perfection and Holiness.

So a work of righteousness that judges others and compares oneself to others, is no righteousness at all! Where is boasting? There is none, I sacrifice it to my Lord.

And how I remember Christ’s words to me:
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye Matthew 7:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment