The Relevance of God's Word


Friday, March 9, 2012

I have engraved you on the palms of my hands.—Isaiah 49:16


I have engraved you on the palms of my hands.

—Isaiah 49:16

Isaiah 49:13-16
13 Shout for joy, O heavens; rejoice, O earth; burst into song, O mountains! For the LORD comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones. 14 But Zion said, “The LORD has forsaken me,
the Lord has forgotten me.” 15 “Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! 16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.

The Call to shout for Joy and Rejoice based on the LORD comforting His People and will have compassion on his afflicted ones. Yet, Zion's Focus was on their affliction blinding them to the LORDs Compassion and comfort, causing them to instead of rejoicing and Shout for Joy, they Cried out in Despair and viewed God as forsaking them blind to the compassion of the LORD.

In the Believer's Sanctification, for indeed, "Zion" refers to God's people, His chosen one, the Elect. How the tendency is there to focus on our affliction; instead of the LORD's compassion on us. How we focus on the unfavorable circumstances; instead of The LORD's Favor on us according to His Great name and Compassion on us in His Son. How we focus on our Horizontal relationships, where others show disfavor toward us; instead of the LORD's Favor on me in His Son! Unfavorable circumstances and unfavorable people tend to blind our eyes toward the LORD's great Love toward His beloved in His Son, that we cry out cries of Despair, instead of Cries of Shouts of Joy and rejoicing that God's Love is upon us in His Son.

The LORD in this passage shows convincing proof  of His Comforting Love that Will not Forget His chosen people. The Comparison is seen in a Mother caring for her infant baby and child by feeding and nursing the child, and yet, some mothers will forget their baby and not have compassion on their baby and leave if for dead. I think of the unwanted babies that are being slaughtered in abortion. And you hear of stories of Mothers abandoning their babies on a strangers door stoop, or some throwing their babies in the trash, and yet the discovery of the baby resulted in the babies survival. So in our fallen, dark world, mothers are born in sin and will forget their own babies. But the majority of Mother's Love their babies and will have compassion of their infants to nurture them and nurse them.

God's Love toward His elect, His people of Zion is an Eternal Love; they are precious to Him like an infant in His Eyes, but unlike the mother who will forget her infant; God will never forget His precious beloved Children whom He fore Loved before the foundation of the world!

Not only will He not forget them, but He has engraved them on the palms of His Hands!
As Jesus promised, “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand” (John 10:28-29). We are so intimately apart of God's Love and Compassion that our very lives are engraved on the Palm of His Hands. When Jesus' hands and feet were nailed, was such a wound and injury, and nailed pierced hands and feet, were they every declaring our very lives intimately dependent and engraved on His palms, that He not only thought of me in name, but engraved my very life in the palms of His hands.

Though dim and grim my circumstances maybe; though I be surrounded by enemies of disfavor; though my afflictions may surround me like the sea; Take heart! and Rejoice! He will never forget me!  On His hands I see, not only my name, but my life and His compassion is on me; for He has engraved me with every detailed line, and inscribed me on the palm of His hands forever be thine; by His precious Blood, is my life ever so included in His Sovereign Design; that I may have an eternal Stand and never Repine! by Joseph Valentini










No comments:

Post a Comment