The Relevance of God's Word


Monday, November 28, 2011

God’s Favor in the Law is found realized in Christ!

God’s Favor in the Law is found realized in Christ!


Here is something to also ponder: God's favor in the Law revealed God's perfection and Holiness of who our God is, and like a mirror shows us God's Glory and our unworthiness and UN-holiness before our Holy God; thus, condemns us for our sinfulness and departure from the Holiness of God's presence. The Law was powerless to make me holy. But Jesus is all powerful to make me perfect without sin, to be conformed to the image of Christ. Praise be to God! that in His only begotten Son--Jesus, Did God's favor ever rest and in His life was his perfection credited to my account through faith! And in Him, does the reflection of God in the Mirror become a reality in my life, as I am being made more into the image and likeness of Christ day by day through the Holy Spirit! While the Law is my mirror to show me the reflection of God's holiness and my own sinfulness and unworthiness; Jesus on the other hand, is my reality, not just a reflection and glimmer, but the reality of His resurrected life transforming me into His image and likeness. I praise God for Christ who delivered me from the curse and made me alive according to God the Father's predetermined will!


Romans 8: 1-4
1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you[a] free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh,[b] God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering.[c] And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

"Is the law then contrary to the promises of God? Certainly not! For, if a law had been given that could give life, then righteousness would indeed be by the law. But the Scripture imprisoned everything under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe" Gal 3:21-22





No comments:

Post a Comment