The Relevance of God's Word


Monday, July 26, 2010

The Advenger of His Insulted Majesty



Exodus 34:8 “Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished” Habakkuk 1:13 “Your eyes are too pure to look on evil; you cannot tolerate wrong. “
"Sin will not escape with impunity; He will be the avenger of His insulted majesty!" Wow! Well put, when I think of God's Holiness I am forced to look beyond my near sightedness and into the presence of God's Holy Majesty. God delights to have His image in His people, but He cannot dwell with Sin; how we are far off to not see the presence of His holy majesty to hate sin in us! Yet the Avenger of His Holy Majesty to punish His only Begotten Son, on my behalf, so I can dwell in His holy majestic Presence!
Iniquity is hateful in his sight...it will not escape with impunity...he will be the avenger of his insulted majesty. (John Calvin Inst. 2.8.3)

No comments:

Post a Comment