The Relevance of God's Word


Sunday, May 15, 2016

I can not tell God when to calm the winds, the direction where to blow the winds, nor to stop and calm the winds in my favor! Psalm 107: 25


I can not tell God when to calm the winds, the direction where to blow the winds, nor to stop and calm the winds in my favor!
Psalm 107: 25
For he commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind, which lifteth up the waves thereof.
Psalm 115:3
"Our God is in the heavens; he does all that he pleases."
Mark 4:39:
"And he awoke and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, “Peace! Be still!” And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm."
I cannot tell God, When? Where? How? Why? Nor, can I give God any direction to do my bidding for my ease and comfort of the Direction of how the wind Should blow!
I am outside of my house on a nice Saturday afternoon, the sun is out and the wind is blowing at various surges. While I was cutting my lawn, I did not mind the wind blowing on me, actually it was refreshing to have the wind blow on me while I was cutting the grass.
The second stage of my yard work, was to get out my blower and blow those annoying helicopter seeds. I gathered them in different piles, and went to go back to shovel them up and throw them in the garbage can. Well, what do you know happened next, surges of wind came by and blew the pile.
I got angry at the wind, and complained to God, why can't you make the wind blow in my favor?
Then I came to my senses, realizing who am I that I should tell God to command the wind in my favor. For God is in Heaven and I am on earth, He does and commands the wind according to His Sovereign will, after the good pleasure of His will.
Then my anger subsided, and I was taught patience to work around the wind that Blows any which way God determines and to rest in His Sovereignty in commanding the wind to blow in His favor according to His providence and plans.
The spiritual application is obvious, the winds of life will blow in surges, in any direction of the compass, and when it blows in your favor or not in your favor, brace yourself to turn to God's Sovereignty for His will of working all things according to His plans in your life. You cannot command the wind only God can command the wind to blow or cease from blowing, to accomplish His purpose that I may rest in the Sovereign power of Jesus Christ in my  life.

No comments:

Post a Comment