The Relevance of God's Word


Thursday, July 19, 2012

I flee to Jesus Christ because there is no righteousness found in me! Romans 8:1-4



I Flee to Christ because there is no Righteousness found in Me:
Romans 8:1-4

1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature,God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a s...in offering.And so he condemned sin in sinful man,[d] 4 in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.

I cannot be clothed in Christ Righteousness, unless I find myself emptied of self-and realize that there is no righteousness of my own that I can claim to find God's Favor and Acceptance, I am only Accepted and Loved By God through the Righteousness of God's only Begotten Son credited and imputed to my account in God's Eyes, when He sees me He sees the Righteousness and perfection of His Son in me!


John Calvin: for we shall never be clothed with the righteousness of Christ except we first know assuredly that we have no righteousness of our own"


John Calvin: "You then see that we are wholly excluded from the righteousness of works, and must therefore flee to Christ for righteousness, for in us there can be none, and to know this is especially necessary; for we shall never be clothed with the righteousness of Christ except we first know assuredly that we have no righteousness of our own"..."We flee to Christ because there is no righteousness found in us:
first that Christ was sent, in order to remind us that righteousnessby no means dwells in us, for it is to be sought from him, and that men invain confide in their own merits, who become not just but at the pleasure
of another, or who borrow righteousness from that expiation which Christ accomplished in his own flesh"

No comments:

Post a Comment