The Relevance of God's Word


Sunday, May 20, 2012

How would we know the great power of God's Deliverance, unless we are brought low to our Helplessness! Psalm 3


How would we know the great power of God's Deliverance, unless we are brought low to our Helplessness!

Psalm 3 A psalm of David. When he fled from his son Absalom.
1 O LORD, how many are my foes! How many rise up against me! 2 Many are saying of me, “God will not deliver him.” Selah 3 But you are a shield around me, O LORD; you bestow glory on me and lift[b] up my head. 4 To the LORD I cry aloud, and he answers me from his holy hill. Selah5 I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me. 6 I will not fear the tens of thousands drawn up against me on every side. 7 Arise, O LORD! Deliver me, O my God! Strike all my enemies on the jaw; break the teeth of the wicked. 8 From the LORD comes deliverance. May your blessing be on your people. Selah

Until I am brought helpless and brought low and paralyzed by the enemies who surrounds me, I would not know the greatness of God's power to deliver me from my enemies.
To the details of my life God's Sovereign plan and will would reveal that my enemies surround me on every side; that I may seek the face of the Lord and behold His great deliverance on my behalf through His Holy and only begotten son! Otherwise, I would be either consumed by my enemies, or be overweening prideful that I would not seek the face of the Lord for my great deliverance and not rely on the face of my God and not rely on the name of the Lord for my Salvation. He put the obstacle there to the details of life that I may see His Sovereign plan and His great and mighty Act of deliverance to break the enemies stronghold and power that I may go free and dwell in safety and peace in the presence of the Lord! I would not know His deliverance Unless I was trapped, helpless and surrounded by the enemy to see my need for Him to deliver me!

In such circumstances, to the details of my Life, He brought me to see my need that I may seek His help And see His great power to deliver me.
In this thought, I do see Moses and ancient Israel before God split the Red Sea.

In This thought I see Jesus in His Death splitting the veil of the temple in two and open the way of access into the presence of God Mark 15 and I see His resurrection splitting the sea of death that I may walk through the valley of death and be resurrected unto Eternal life; because I am helpless to death and unable to cleanse myself of sin, I need His great shed blood to cleanse me and Adopt me into His Kingdom and establish me in a relationship with Him in the new covenant in His blood! Indeed the covenant if Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment