The Relevance of God's Word


Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The sovereignty of God perspective leads to Isaiah's Cry of being undone before the Throne of Grace



If you are seeking after God through sovereignty of man thinking, then you will end up worshipping a graven image made out of your own imagination. When you seek after God through Sovereignty of God centered thinking, you will cry like Isaiah 6:5 "Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty."

To seek after God, be ready to be undone of all vain speculation and be emptied of self, get ready to be broken as you See our Sovereign King, the Lord God Almighty! The Lord Jesus Christ! The only Sovereign King of Glory!
Mingled vanity and pride appear in this, that when miserable men do seek after God, instead of ascending higher than themselves as they ought to do, they measure him by their own carnal stupidity, and neglecting solid inquiry, fly off to indulge their curiosity in vain speculation. (Calvins Inst. 1.4.1)

No comments:

Post a Comment